We had a fun holiday party today. I tried to come up with candy cane themed ideas. Besides this there were balloons, music, cookies and stories.
“Candy cane” grape & marshmallow kabobs for a.m. snack.
Beading candy cane colored jingle bell necklaces.
Decorated candy trees – sugar cones covered with green frosting & decorated with sprinkles, candies and marshmallows.
Candy cane stamping
We finally tried foam sticker/plastic lid stamps!
Cotton ball candy canes – my kids just love using the glue bottles!
Candy cane pizzas for lunch
Treats for the kids – Santa hats (Michael’s had child sized ones), little jars of peppermint glitter play dough, Cutie oranges, and candy canes.
My Favorite Play Dough Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- glitter (optional)
- food coloring (optional)
1. Mix flour, salt, & cream of tartar in a medium pot.
2. Add water, extract and oil.
3. Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly.
4. When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove.