We know it’s really summer at our house when there’s fresh raspberries in the garden and what better way to eat raspberries than with hot fudge sauce on ice cream! Can’t go wrong with a homemade brownie in there either.
Chocolate and raspberries are one of my favorite combinations – they were made for each other! This simple recipe is family favorite and makes a quick dessert that special enough for company. Plus, I always have these ingredients on hand.
Raspberries are done for the summer but we’ll still make hot fudge sauce once in a while to go over ice cream or brownies.
We used to pretend to make this with sand & dirt in the sandbox when we were little!
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1/4 milk
- 1/4 butter
- Mix together sugar & cocoa.
- Pour in milk.
- Stir until dry mixture is wet.
- Boil one minute over medium heat. DO NOT STIR while boiling. It will sugar.
- Stir in butter carefully. (I drop it in and let it melt and then lightly stir it after it melts.)
- Add a splash of vanilla & cool.
Serve on ice cream or as a glaze on brownies.