Cinco de Mayo really isn’t a holiday for young children, but it is growly in popularity and in our culture. So we can find ways to celebrate it with them in an age-appropriate manner. Make some fun Cinco de Mayo Handprint Chili Peppers! Have a taco party, dance to mariachi band music or try different kinds of salsa. Have fun!
Cinco de Mayo Handprint Chili Peppers
This idea is originally from the Mailbox Magazine May/April 2009.
Make Cinco de Mayo Handprint Chili Peppers
- red paint
- green paint
- brown or orange paper
- black Sharpie marker
- Sombrero hat template: http://clipart-library.com/clipart/rijKRrkjT.htm
- Paint the main part of the child’s hand red. Paint green around the top of the palm.
- Allow paint to dry.
- Draw on sunglasses and mustache.
- Print the sombreros, cut out and allow the children to color them.
- Glue onto chili pepper handprint.
These guys are fun and have personality!