Affiliate links to Amazon are included in the post for your convenience.
Making a fabulous perler bead basket is super easy and fast! A very rewarding project! Originally I admired this post from Meaningfulmama.com and decided this might be a good Visual Arts 4-H project for Brett. It’s unique, easy to do with great results within a 1/2 hour or less!
Make a Perler Bead Basket
- Oven safe bowl, Pyrex or stoneware will work well
- Cooking spray
- Perler Beads, we used 3 bags, in three shades of blue, which made two baskets
Making a Perler Bead Basket
Heat oven to 375*
- Spray bowl with cooking spray
- Pour in beads and spread with your hands to make one layer.
- Put in oven for 12-14 minutes until melted. Times may vary so check yours!
- Allow the beads to cool and it will pop out of the bowl. I used a butter knife to loosen it in places but overall it did not stick.
- Wash in warm soapy water to remove cooking oil if needed.
Hints for filling your bowl with beads:
- It helps to tilt the bowl and let them roll into place and stick to the spray.
- Pour extras into a container and start again until all areas are covered.
- Pressing and smoothing out the beads will cause them to slide into place and go up the edges of the bowl.
- Smooth out the edges around the bowl so they are even.
It’s really that simple! I think they turned out spectacular! Blue ribbon is likely for these beauties!
We found our beads at Michael’s but they can also be purchased on Amazon. With this brand of beads we did not experience any strong odor.