- 2 quarts sliced cucumbers
- Several cloves of garlic
- Sliced Onion
- 2-1/4 c. water
- 1-1/4 c. vinegar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. pickling salt
- Boil water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Meanwhile, place dill and 1 clove of garlic in bottom of jar.
- Fill 1/3 full with cucumbers.
- Layer onion and 1 garlic clove.
- Fill another 1/3 full with cucumbers.
- Layer with onion and garlic (I like to add another small dill also)
- Fill remaining space with cucumbers. Place another head of dill on top.
- Pour brine over cucumbers while hot.
Typically a jar will last about 3 months in your refrigerator, but we’ve never had them that long to know for sure 🙂