Even though summer is over and the temps have dropped considerably, I love this time of year! The fall colors are so pretty and it will soon be Thanksgiving time. Whether or not you’re hosting a Thanksgiving, you can make a simple centerpiece for your dining table, front entry, coffee table or mantle. Fall harvest candles are a nice fall update that won’t cost much.
Add a few things to your grocery list: popcorn, dry split peas, and dry red beans.
Then it’s just a matter of obtaining some glass candle holders and votives and layering the popcorn kernels, beans, and peas as desired.
Tie some twine around the top and put in a votive candle.
A beautiful welcoming display for fall!
Fall Harvest Candles
- 2 Glass Candle Holders—at least 6 inches tall
- 1 cup Popcorn, unpopped
- 1 cup Dry Red Beans
- 1 cup Dry Split Peas
- 2 Votive Candles
- Twine or Raffia
- Pour a quarter to a half cup of the peas into a glass holder. Follow with the popcorn and then the red beans on top. Fill the other glass holder the same way but change the order how you would like.
- Press a candle down into each one about halfway.
- Wrap a piece of twine or raffia around the top rim of each holder about 3 or 4 times, and then tie in a knot or little bow.
- Light the candles and enjoy a beautiful fall ambiance!