This fresh avocado and tomato salad combines some of my favorite flavors. There’s nothing like fresh avocado and cilantro! I like that it gives you a little taste of a Mexican along side chicken, turkey burger or over lettuce.
Fresh Avocado and Tomato Salad
- 1/2 Large red onion
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 4 Small-medium avocados
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Dice onion, tomatoes and avocados, adding to large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over salad for flavor and to keep avocado fresh and green.
- Add 1/4 tsp pepper or more to taste, and the chopped cilantro.
- Mix in the olive oil until all the ingredients are lightly coated.
- If you need a little more olive oil, feel free to add more.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour for the best results.
- Enjoy this refreshing, light salad that’s tasty and healthy!
Beautiful fresh ingredients. You can also substitute lime for the lemon. Definitely use the red onion, it’s the best!
Dice the tomatoes
and the red onions.
Combine the tomatoes, red onion, chopped cilantro and pepper.
Scoop, slice, pit and separate an avocado with this handy tool.
Simply combine your ingredients and add olive oil. Chill before serving.
Enjoy a flavorful healthy salad!