Create a colorful craft for 4th of July – red, white and sparkly spin art!
I can’t believe it’s almost the 4th of July! It’s one of my favorite times of the year but it seems like we don’t do as many crafts for this holiday. This one is quick and easy, great for summer and all ages.
Create 4th of July Spin Art
- small paper plates (we used 6” Nature’s Own Green Label paper plates) or cardstock cut to size
- salad spinner (I love this one for fruits, vegetables and greens – art too!)
- paints – we used washable tempera and liquid watercolors. Try metallics and glitter paint!
- Place paper plate or cardstock in salad spinner.
- Drop paint onto the plate. Experiment with the amount of paint, the colors used, combinations and patterns. You may want to thin the paint and drop the paint onto the plate with droppers/pipettes.
- Put the top on the salad spinner, and now, the fun part- spin!
- Open and check results. Add more paint if desired.
- Remove paper from the spinner and allow to dry. Hang on the wall, in a window, from a mobile.