Now is the time to make some new summer decor in time for the 4th of July! The Burlap Button Flag you see here takes just a short while to pull together and it’s adorable! If you like patriotic decor or it fits in a place in your home, it could certainly be left up year around.
Burlap Button Flag
- 8×10 Frame
- Blue, Red & White Buttons
- Hot Glue
- Wax Paper
- Old Toothbrush (optional)
- Use scissors to cut a piece of burlap to 8″ x 10″ to fit into your frame.
- Place wax paper onto a flat surface and place burlap on top of that.
- Keep about a 2″ border around your burlap (Have any business cards? Those are 2″ wide, lay them around the edge of your burlap for a border guide)
- Place blue buttons onto the upper left area of your burlap. Line them as you wish.
- Add red and white buttons in a stripe fashion. Making sure to keep your buttons within the 2″ border you’ve created.
- You can lay out your entire flag and then glue or glue as you go. I prefer to lay it all out and then glue.
- Use hot glue to affix the buttons onto the burlap.
- When finished, use an old toothbrush to remove the “hot glue strings.”
- Tear wax paper from the back of the burlap and discard.
- Place the burlap flag into a frame, in front of the glass, and display!
Using various styles of buttons makes the finished Burlap + Button Flag more interesting!
“One flag, one land…”
Sunday 28th of February 2021
I want to ask a question, hot gun glue is it where proof?
Monday 1st of March 2021
Is hot glue waterproof? No, I wouldn't think so.
20+ Fourth of July Craft Ideas - Thriving Home
Monday 9th of December 2019
[…] Burlap Button Flag – Things to Share & Remember […]
4th of July Crafts and Patriotic Ideas
Monday 10th of June 2019
[…] is such a lovely handmade craft for 4th of July […]
Easy Patriotic Home Decor | Roost + Restore
Tuesday 21st of May 2019
[…] one of those “ah-ha” moments…I mean seriously why didn’t I think of that? Burlap and ButtonsI can see us doing a live demo on this one! If you’re looking to add just a touch of rustic […]
15 amazing DIY summer crafts | 10 So Peachy
Tuesday 9th of April 2019
[…] The flag is delightful and can be made in a short amount of time. Details […]