Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what to make?? Moms love handmade gifts from their little ones. I know I treasure the ones my son has given me. How about something practical as well? Every mom can us a napkin holder to brighten the kitchen. You may need to help your child make the Mother’s Day Napkin Holder but they can decorate it.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe to Share & Remember or follow me via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure policy here.
Mother’s Day Napkin Holder
- 38 Wood Craft Sticks
- Decorative Washi Tape
- Adhesive Craft Letters
- Hot Glue Gun
- For the side panel, take 12 sticks and lay them side by side.
- Using hot glue, attach one craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the tops and another craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the bottoms.
- Repeat that process for a second side panel.
- For the base, you need to cut 6 sticks in half so you have 12 pieces.
- Lay these side by side and glue one stick across them about ¼ inch from the tops and another craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the bottoms. This should look just like the side panels except smaller.
- Decorate the panels using your washi tape any way you like.
- Now, glue the side panels perpendicular to the long edges of the base panel, with the cross sticks to the inside. Glue a regular craft stick to the outside of each side panel (at the bottom) to provide extra support.
- Apply the letters to spell out the word Mom or Moms Napkins, or any words you would like.
Younger children can decorate the panels with paint, jewels or a handprint if they are too small to master the washi tape.
Finish it off with adhesive craft letters.
How pretty is that?! It reminds us, moms, to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. Like a sweet handmade treasure from a little one.