I won’t pretend to be super healthy. I know WHAT to do but finding the time to consistently do it is another thing. I so enjoy preparing food ahead after I grocery shop so it doesn’t go to waste and I’m excited to open the fridge and eat it. Mornings are crazy busy with little ones arriving here for child care a little after 7 am. I like my coffee in the morning and it really goes well with toast, scones, donuts, English muffins and bagels…however, it’s not what I SHOULD be eating every morning. I do need QUICK, APPEALING AND HEALTHY so these make ahead smoothie packs are perfect.
I was prompted to make these freezer bags after seeing this smoothie recipe on Pop Sugar. I left out the mango since I’m not a big fan of the flavor. These are super quick to make and the smoothies tastes good! I use a Ninja blender and it makes quick work of blending the greens. Try it! It’s an easy way to get in lots of good things early in the morning.
Other Simple Make Ahead Ideas:
- Brown ground beef when you get some from the grocery store and freeze it in small portions for quick meals
- Boil eggs and keep them in the fridge for breakfasts, snacks or to use on salads.
- Cook a whole chicken to use throughout the week.
- Cut up peppers, carrots and cucumbers to eat for a quick snack.
- Make salads ahead in containers or jars.
- Freeze breakfast burritos.
- Make Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowls for lunches to go.
- Egg muffins can be made ahead and then warmed for a healthy and quick breakfast or snack.
- Make pancakes, french toast, and waffles ahead and freeze for quick breakfasts and snacks.
- Make meatballs and freeze.
More Healthy Foods
- 5 Simple Snacks
- More Healthy & Colorful Meals for Child Care
- Ocean Commotion Sea Stars Snack
- Homemade & Healthy Child Care Lunches
- Eat the Moon Space Snack