Offering children different materials with play dough allows for creativity and thinking differently about how to play with it. Nature play dough is an open-ended, free-time exploration. We were talking about making a forest and what lives there.
- development of fine motor skills
- creative & imaginative
- calming, therapeutic play
- hand eye coordination development
- social skills (cooperation, sharing)
- promotes open ended play
- involves senses in play
I’ve had these items in our “nature bin” for quite a while, but you could go on a nature scavenger hunt so the children can collect items to use in their nature play dough creations.
More fun ways to play with play dough:
- Oatmeal Play Dough
- Snowflake Dough
- Playdough Monsters
- Rainbow Kool-Aid Play Dough
- Galaxy Dough
- Play Dough & Legos