A fresh summer salad with a twist! Melon Berry with Feta Salad features strawberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, mint and feta cheese. Makes a special salad for any occasion.
Need a salad or side dish for Memorial Day or the 4th of July?
This one is perfect. Quick and easy, so attractive and full of flavor! If you’re like me, you like feta with anything and everything!
Melon Berry with Feta Salad
This recipe yields 1 quart (4 cups) of fresh melon and berry fruit salad.
- 1 quart of strawberries
- 1/2 of large cantaloupe
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 7-8 mint leaves – crushed
- Fresh ground pepper
- Clean and rinse strawberries. Cut into quarter pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Cut 1/2 of large cantaloupe into one-inch bite pieces. Add to bowl with strawberries.
- Pour the oil, vinegar and sugar into the bowl of fruit and gently toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle feta crumbles, crushed mint and freshly ground pepper on top.