The story of Spookley the Square Pumpkin is new to me. I haven’t heard of it before this year. One of the preschool girls brought us a copy of the book. This book is perfect for fall or Halloween and invites a coordinating Spookley the Square Pumpkin Craft.
As you might have guessed by now, Spookley is different from the rest of the pumpkins because he’s square. At first, he feels bad about this because he doesn’t have fun rolling around like the other pumpkins and they tease him because of this. So an excellent opportunity to discuss differences and teasing.
Then when a storm comes up, Spookley proves useful and helpful to the other pumpkins and the farmer because he’s square. It’s a very cute story.
To go along with the book, we made square collage pumpkins.
Spookley the Square Pumpkin Craft
- Cut squares out of the black construction paper.
- Cut squares out of orange construction paper or cardstock.
- Use green for a leaf and brown paper for a stem.
- Assemble the pumpkin with glue.
- Add googly eyes.
More Pumpkin Activities
- Super Soft Pumpkin Play Dough
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin
- What’s inside a Pumpkin?
- Painted Mini Pumpkins
- Printable Pumpkin Activities
More Spookley Resources
- Go to Spookley.com to watch videos, find coloring pages and more about Spookley.
- Here’s a classroom toolkit to stop bullying before it starts with Spookley.
- Download a coloring page | Handmade Kids Art.
- Homeschool Lesson Plan & Craft | Midwest Modern Momma
- Spookley Popsicle Stick Craft | Live Here Learn Here
- More Crafts & Ideas | Buggy & Buddy
- Different Shaped Pumpkins Templates | Wards Way of Teaching