This is not a new or unique recipe but I really like making Dill Refrigerator Pickles. My husband likes eating them so this works out! I like them too and I’m glad they won’t go to waste. There’s just something about every part being fresh, prepping them after growing and picking them out the garden and the beautiful jars that result.
Dill Refrigerator Pickles
- 2 quarts sliced cucumbers
- Several cloves of garlic
- Sliced onion
- 2-1/4 c. water
- 1-1/4 c. vinegar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. pickling salt
- Boil water, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Meanwhile, place dill and 1 clove of garlic in the bottom of jar.
- Fill 1/3 full with cucumbers.
- Layer onion and 1 garlic clove.
- Fill another 1/3 full with cucumbers.
- Layer with onion and garlic and more dill if desired.
- Fill the remaining space with cucumbers. Place another head of dill on top.
- Pour brine over cucumbers while hot.
Keeps in the refrigerator for about 3 months.
Calling All Pickle Lovers!!! 25 Recipes Just for You! - Awe Filled Homemaker
Wednesday 2nd of August 2017
[…] Dill Refrigerator Pickles from Things to Share and Remember […]
Tuesday 6th of August 2013
I use this recipe (or one very similar) We LOVE them. I remembering thinking, "I hope we can use them up in 3 months!" Not a problem!