This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
The holidays are a busy time for everyone, especially moms. They get to do a lot of the planning, buying, and baking. We like everything we do to be special but we need easy (and light on the budget)!
How about making a cake for your holiday guests? I don’t know about you but I love cake! Good cake, not just any cake. Wow them with this impressive dessert – White Chocolate Marshmallow Snowflake Cake. This recipe includes three special ingredients: BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme, and BAKER’S White Chocolate.
All of these ingredients can be found in the Walmart Holiday Bake Center so when you’re out shopping, they’re easy to pick up – no extra stops.
Using this baking hack, you can make this cake using a cake mix and no one will ever guess you started with a mix.
Using vanilla, whole eggs and vanilla pudding will change your cake mix to more of an off white rather than pure white, but believe, me it will be worth it. Think “winter-white”.
After those cakes go in the oven, then there’s time to do the important part – the filling and frosting.
If you like marshmallow, you’ll love this marshmallow cream recipe. It’s super fast to make using JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme. Add in some butter, powdered sugar and vanilla, and you have this wonderful filling for your cake.
Now let’s get that cake frosted with White Chocolate Buttercream frosting. Melt BAKER’S White Chocolate and mix together with butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond if desired.
After frosting the cake, sprinkle with BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut and pat into the frosting on the sides.
Garnish with sugared cranberries for a simple holiday look.
Yum, look how moist this cake is. You’ll get rave reviews on this one!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- Sugared cranberries, optional<br> WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz BAKER’S White Chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)<br> MARSHMALLOW CREAM FILLING
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 7 oz JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- LAYER WHITE CAKE<br> Mix butter and eggs in a deep bowl. Mix 30 seconds Add the cake mix powder, JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding, milk, butter, vanilla and mix until everything is combined, about 1 minute. Pour batter into two 8″ greased and floured round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool<br>MARSHMALLOW CREAM FILLING <br> In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.<br>WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING <br> Beat 1 cup of butter, on high until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat on low just until mixed. Add in the melted white chocolate, vanilla and almond extract. Add the remaining powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time and mix on low speed until the mixture reaches frosting consistency. Add a Tbsp or two of milk if too thick.
- FINISH THE CAKE <br> Crumb coat both cakes with the White Chocolate Buttercream frosting. Smooth Marshmallow Cream Filling over one cake. Place second layer on top. Frost cake again with White Chocolate Buttercream frosting. Sprinkle cake with BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut. Pat into sides of cake. Garnish with sugared cranberries if desired.
Do you have a great cake tip? Let me know in the comments below! You can find more delicious holiday recipes using Kraft products here!