This post contains an affiliate link to Craftsy.
Make a Yarn Wrapped Fall Floral Wreath
- foam floral wreath – mine is 16″
- spray adhesive
- glue gun & glue sticks
- wire cutters
- Your choice of decorative items – I used a fall floral spray, berry stem, acorn picks and some wired ribbon
1. Spray a small area of spray adhesive onto the wreath.
2. Start wrapping yarn around the wreath base. Not going to lie, this is going to take a while. I started like this, but could have spaced the wraps closer together. I went around the wreath about 3-4 times to fill in the wreath. This will vary depending on the type of yarn you use.
3. Continue to wrap. You may want to cut long lengths of yard off the ball of yarn to keep it from becoming tangled. If so, use a small amount of hot glue to secure the ends on the back of the wreath. Avoid using too much hot glue as it tends to look messy.
4. After the base is wrapped, you can start the fun part – embellishing! I really don’t have pictures for this part because once I get started, I have a hard time stopping, even for a picture!
Designing the wreath:
- First of all, honestly, there’s not much planning. Maybe this works out for me better at times than others! I start with the focal point or placing the main pieces I want on the wreath. In this case it was the large flowers. I cut apart the flowers with the wire cutters. Hot glue them on as desired.
- Fill in around the large flowers with the berries or viney-type stems.
- Cover up undesirable areas with leaves. This is a very forgiving project!
- Add smaller florals.
- Place acorns or other small embellishments that add interest.
- Finish with a bow, or ribbon. This time I wanted the lace to show so I wrapped small lengths of ribbon on the wreath spaced evenly on the opposite side of the floral arrangement.
To learn more about wreath design and making, or other fall crafts, check out Craftsy. Take a class or find inspiration. Also check out Craftsy’s Halloween Flash Sale if you’re looking for wreath making or other Halloween craft supplies.
See my wreath Pinterest board for more ideas & inspiration!