To coat the marshmallows, dip half of a marshmallow into the melted candy and allow excess candy to drip off. Then, the fun part! Sprinkle on your choice of sprinkles. Set to dry on your prepared baking sheet.
Festive Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Treats
- 12 LARGE Marshmallows (“campfire size”)
- 1 cup black candy melts
- 1 cup orange candy melts
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- Halloween sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for the marshmallows to dry on.
- Place 1 cup of candy melts plus 1 Tablespoon shortening in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 25 seconds, stir, and then reheat. Continue until the candy melts are completely smooth and liquid.
- While the candy melts are heating, insert skewers into the marshmallows.
- Dip half of a marshmallow into the melted candy and allow excess candy to drip off.
- Sprinkle on your choice of sprinkles, and set to dry on your prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with 5 more marshmallows in the same candy color, then repeat with the remaining 6 marshmallows in the other candy melt color.