Yes, I know it’s now JUNE 1st and I’m just posting our Finger Painted Flowers & May Day Baskets. I’m very behind in blogging but I’ll share some of our activities anyway for future inspiration.
To Make Finger Painted Flowers & May Day Baskets
- Pre-cut flower shapes in orange, yellow, purple, pink and yellow construction paper.
- Offer a variety of paint colors on a paper plate.
- Child finger paints flowers
- After flowers dry, attach to stem – we use Craft Project Ideas fuzzy sticks
- Roll paper to make a cone. Staple or tape in place.
- Attach a strip of paper for a handle. Could also use yarn or ribbon.
- We cut grass to make a filler for our baskets. Cut a piece of green construction paper in strips, almost to the end of the paper. Roll and tape to make it circle shaped. Put in basket, tape in place.
- Insert filler, like shredded paper if desired. This helps hold the flowers.
- Insert flowers into basket.
What a treat to hang on anyone’s door, inside or out!