I love it when our science experiments are simple…and successful! This one is sure to please all ages. Mother Goose Time sends these awesome science cards so the experiments are easy to figure out, even for kids. Plus you can save them and use them again.
Growing Gardens: Roots Soak it Up! science experiment is great for showing how roots soak up water.
What you need:
- 3 clear cups
- 2 colors of food coloring (we used blue & yellow to make green)
- 2 squares of paper towel
- Fill one cup, about 3/4 full. Add blue food coloring.
- Repeat with the 2nd cup and add yellow food coloring.
- Leave the middle cup empty.
- Twist each square of paper towel tightly.
- Put one end in the cup with water and the other end in the empty cup.
- Repeat with the other cup of water.
- Wait. And you’ll have to wait a while (maybe 1/2 hour to an hour) but then it starts to happen! It’s amazing, drip by drip the water transfers and it makes a new color – green!
We left ours on the counter overnight and I noticed that it stopped transferring when all three cups had exactly the same amount of water in each one! I was amazed.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
I received curriculum from Experience Early Learning for honest and authentic stories resulting from my daily experiences using the curriculum. As a user of Experience Preschool for many years, I am pleased to share quality educational experiences. #sponsored #ExperienceEarlyLearning