Have you tried making salt dough ornaments? We decorated ours with liquid watercolors, sequins, and ribbon to make Painted Salt Dough Ornaments. Aren’t they pretty? Be sure to find the salt dough recipe and tips on how to make them below.
I had to make one too.
Salt Dough Craft Recipe
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- Up to 1 cup of water (add gradually)
For tips on making salt dough ornaments, see Imagination Tree’s post.
What worked for us:
- Roll Painted Salt Dough Ornaments out thick.
- Dry in the oven on low temp for a couple hours.
- We painted with liquid watercolors.
- Use Modge Podge or thinned glue to apply sequins or glitter.
- Allow several days of drying after painting.