The simplest things truly are the best. These DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids are a fun and so, so easy kids craft that would also make great gift toppers – they get bonus points for smelling fantastic!
There are LOTS of ways to customize these DIY Christmas ornaments. I used some gems I found at Michaels the other day, but pom poms, buttons or foam stickers would work, too. Foam would also be a good alternative to the glitter cardstock.
DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- Cut your cardstock into triangles.
- Glue your triangles onto your cinnamon sticks (a glue gun works best for this step).
- While your glue gun is hot, go ahead and attach your twine or ribbon to your cinnamon stick.
- If doing this with kids, put aside the hot glue gun in favor of white liquid glue. Decorate trees to your heart’s content! There really is no way to do this “wrong” and kids will love the process of choosing items to glue onto their masterpieces.
I really can’t get enough of these sweet-smelling cinnamon stick ornaments…we’ve already made one batch, but I can see us making more later on in the season.
Thanks for reading all about our DIY Christmas Ornaments for kids! Have a crafty day!
More Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- Sled Craft Ornament
- Recycled Can Lid Snowman Ornament
- Holiday Photo Wreaths
- Button Tree Ornaments
- Painted Salt Dough Ornaments
- Tree Photo Ornaments
- Wood Block Photo Ornaments