This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiftDeliciously #CollectiveBias
These last few weeks before Christmas day are busy. There’s school parties, family gatherings, open houses, work dinners and special events for clubs. We have several of those this week ourselves. What about the treats you’re supposed to take along or share? When is the baking supposed to take place?! I love homemade everything but sometimes you have to cut yourself some slack. There’s not time for all we want and need to do. So here’s a thought – skip the baking just this time and get to the fun part- decorating!
Using packaged Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter and OREO cookies, some chocolate, candy and sprinkles, I made fun and festive holiday treats. Who can resist the little candies and sprinkles?
No Bake Candy Coated Christmas Cookies
- Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter and OREO cookies
- White chocolate
- choc chips
- colored sugar
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Decorate as desired.
- Allow to dry on wax paper or cooling rack.
Try these decorating methods:
- Dip cookies in chocolate and then in the sprinkles
- Spread chocolate on just the bottom of the cookie
- Roll edges in chocolate and then toppings
- Try sandwiching two Chips Ahoy! together
- Make Nutter Butter Santa cookies: frost top of cookie and sprinkle with red colored sugar for the hat. Dip a white chocolate chip in chocolate and stick on for the pom pom. Mini chocolate chips make the eyes and a cinnamon hot for the nose. Add some more melted chocolate for Santa’s beard and sprinkle with white pearls. See the photo below.
Kids love to decorate cookies so set up a cookie decorating session for a kid’s party. Or put an assortment on a plate or in a cookie box for the neighbors, teacher or mail delivery person.
Dip cookies in chocolate or spread with a knife. We did both. You might want to use spoon or a shaker jar for toppings. Simply dipping the coated cookie into the sprinkles works well too.
With a variety of toppings, everyone can make what appeals to them and each cookie is unique.
The options are endless!
Super cute Nutter Butter Santa cookies
You can find these great snack sized boxes at Walmart in a bin near the checkouts. They would make perfect little gifts for teachers and neighbors or for stocking stuffers. They’re inexpensive at 2/$3 so buy a bunch for little add-ons to all your gifts.
Along with Chips Ahoy!, Nutter Butter and OREO cookies, find Double Stuf OREO cookies and RITZ Crackers.
Find more great stocking stuffer ideas here!