Thanksgiving just isn’t Thanksgiving without a hand print turkey! In effort to do something different this year besides paint and paper, I came up with this. Burlap is so fun to use with kids crafts! I had all of these materials on hand: burlap, cardboard, paint, dyed noodles (from last year), paint, raffia and construction paper. These are the two that are finished – 6 more to go – but I prepped the others for the older kids to thread their own noodles on after nap time.
- Print painted turkey onto burlap.
- Kids each paint a piece of cardboard for backing.
- Glue turkey on painted cardboard.
- Punch holes in top.
- Wrap pipecleaner through hole on one side.
- Thread on dyed pasta.
- Wrap and secure other end of pipecleaner.
- Add raffia.
- Print “Happy Thanksgiving” with child’s name and year on construction paper.
- Cut with decorative scissors and glue on.