These adorable sled craft ornaments are part of my child care kids parent gifts this year. I always like to incorporate their photos into holiday crafts – it’s just amazing how much they change in a year!
Sled Craft Ornament
- Lay 4 wide craft sticks side by side.
- Apply glue to one thin craft stick. Lay across 4 sticks horizontally.
- Repeat with bottom craft stick.
- Paint and or decorate with glitter.
- Create fingerprint wreath. On a 2″ circle, make green fingerprints. Add in red “berries” with fingerprints.
- Allow to wreath to dry and cut it out.
- Glue photo into wreath and onto the sled.
- Tie a twine or yarn to the top for a sled rope.
- Personalize with name and date if desired.
Our Sled Craft Ornament were not so child-made since we started out with colored craft sticks and I helped with the finishing but there are ways for children to make this on their own:
- Older children can glue sled together.
- All ages could paint their own sleds.
- Decorate with or without photos and wreaths.
I just love the traditional look of this sled craft ornament and by adding the child’s photos they are such a keepsake!