Painting with cars is a wonderful process art activity for children and commonly done. It’s play, it’s art, it’s cause and effect, it’s fun! Painting is even more fun with cars on a race track! Use any color of paint and Hot Wheels or a larger car for smaller hands to grasp and move across the paper and paint. This fits into any day or with a transportation theme for toddlers and preschoolers. Download the Race Track Car Painting Printable and print the track on cardstock for best results. Read more about the value of both process and product art here.
Race Track Car Painting Printable
- Printable race track (download below)
- paper plate
- Print race track on cardstock.
- Put a small amount of paint on a paper plate. You may want to spread it around so it’s not too thick.
- Show the child how to run the car through the paint.
- Guide a younger child’s hand, while holding their car, to the rack track. Older children could watch you demonstrate or understand a simple explanation.
- Talk about how the car’s wheels left paint marks on the paper.
- Allow the child to explore on his/her own!