The holidays are coming and it’s a wonderful time for all activities sensory for the little ones. Children can experience the scent of ginger and cinnamon with this Gingerbread Man Play Dough recipe. Put a set together for a gift, an activity center for your preschoolers or during parties for the youngest guests.
Gingerbread Man Play Dough
I’m sure you know how to make a play dough recipe so I’ll just show you the basics. The directions are below. Be aware – even though the cloud dough is in crumbles, it can be easily molded into a ball or any shape you desire.
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat but you can also use all-purpose)
Here’s a link to the gingerbread man cookie cutter show. It’s a nice one for little hands to hold and use.
1. Place the cornstarch, baking soda and spices into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Add the water, oil, and molasses and mix well.
3. Add the flour and mix until the dough becomes crumbly. (Add another tablespoon of flour if the dough is still
Even though the cloud dough is in crumbles, it can be easily molded into a ball or any shape you desire.
More Holiday Themed Play Ideas
- Trim the Tree Dramatic Play
- Snowflake Play Dough
- Cookie Cutter Stamped Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Wrap Cutting Activity Bin