I like simple so this is good – it’s simple! Handmade ornaments are the best too. If you don’t have any puzzles you’d like to recycle at this time, buy a little puzzle at the dollar store. Or better yet, find some at Goodwill with lots of pieces. You’ll have enough to make Puzzle Candy Cane Ornaments with a group.
Puzzle Candy Cane Ornaments
- 16 Small Puzzle Pieces
- Red Craft Paint
- White Craft Paint
- Red Twine
- Red Glitter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint 8 puzzle pieces white and paint 8 pieces red. Sprinkle glitter on the red ones and let them all dry.
- Start with a white piece, put some glue on the top side of it, and press a red piece on it. Overlap about a third of the white piece.
- Continue with every other color making sure to make it in the shape of a candy cane.
- Take a piece of twine, and knot it into a loop. Glue this on the back of the candy cane.
Personally, I can see myself spray painting a bunch of pieces red and some white. Then the children can glue them and decorate with glitter. That would work well for large groups or younger children.
You can also spray paint the back of the pieces so you don’t see the images on that side.
Depends on how you want to do it. Either way will work and be cute!
More Handmade Ornaments
- Let it Snow Ornaments
- Wood Block Photo Ornaments
- Rustic Wood Slice Fingerprint Wreath Ornaments
- Cinnamon Stick Ornaments
- Personalized Sled Craft Ornament