About the Day Care
I started caring for children in my home in February 2004. My son was just over 1 year and I wanted to be home with him. I was working at an office in Madison, 4 days/week. I felt I wasn’t able to accomplish as much as I wanted to at work or at home. Also our desire to add to our family caused me to think seriously about a job at home. Brett was in a family child care setting and after experiencing this kind of care for my child, I felt that was something I could do, provide quality child care in my home.
I started with two children part time, two mornings a week. After some advertising and lots of referrals, within two years or less, my child care was full.
Hey-Diddle-Diddle Day Care got its name from when Brett was a baby. He had some Carter overalls with a cow jumping over the moon that said “Hey-Diddle-Diddle”. When he was just a few months old, I would say “hey-diddle-diddle” and he was smile and kick! He loved it. I also liked the theme of moon, stars, and the idea of the cow doing something extraordinary. The name and theme has been successful. It’s cute, memorable and I was able to make it mine while still being familiar to all.
Family Child Care Tips
- Please knock…it’s nap time Printable Sign
- Homemade and Healthy Child Care Lunches
- Supporting Wellness in Early Childhood Education
- Tips for Serving Child Care Meals & Snacks
- PLAY – an Early Childhood Education Printable
- Cleaning Tips for Child Care
- 8 Truths About Home Day Care From a Provider
- More Than Just a Provider
- 5 Simple Snacks For Kids